Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

June... gone none too soon.



No posts in June…  Well, that is because June sucked.  All month brought things breaking down – some could be repaired while others required high end new purchases (like a stove).  There were injuries and sickness (NOT Covid!).  There was (and is) surging Covid cases in state and county… while people act like it is 2019.  Salud at Whole Foods is permanently closed and is not making good on the points earned by volunteers (thanks so much Bezos – NOT!).  The art gallery I’m part of lost their building, tho thankfully we are still going on with borrowed venues until we have a new gallery home. 

Yeah, I was depressed.

But the worst thing was the sad realization that people I know are going to get sick and maybe die because they are idiots or were around idiots.  People who think it is “just a flu” or a hoax.  That wearing a mask is a violation of their civil liberties.  That social distancing is unconstitutional.

“Friends” who thought it was OK to snark and insult me because I wear a mask.  Guess they weren’t friends after all and sure aren’t any more…  I don’t care what you believe but do not think you are getting on my Facebook page and slamming me.  Seriously!

Enough of that!


In June...

The tomatoes were ripe and so delicious.

I started working on my genealogy again.

The turkey hens came back to hang out in the yard.

I like my new stove!

So June has now passed.  It's time to improve the attitude and get on with life.