Pages

Friday, October 22, 2021

Salt Sampling

 Getting some little nit-picky stuff done today.  Like refilling my salt grinder, I don't like the chemical taste of Morton's et al.  I used last time pink Himalayan salt.  In looking thru my spice stash I found 5 little packages of exotic salts I'd bought a while back.  Time for a salt tasting session!!



First, lime coconut from Bali.  




Second - Murry River basin from Australia.  




Third - French grey (that Julia Child loved). 




4th - Hawaiian Red.  




And 5th - Cypress Black lava.
 


Lime coconut was used in my celery-cilantro salt blend.  French grey will be used for a finishing salt... very clean taste.  Murry River and Hawaiian Red have been mixed for my table salt. 

And the black lava I'm keeping around cause it is so cool looking!