Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Books Are Not Sacred

 I’m a member of a Marie Kondo method Facebook decluttering group.  The area that gets to largest wails of “I can’t get rid of ANY”, “they are my precious friends”, “I’ve never thrown away a XXX”, and so is the book section.  

 

The wails are usually accompanied by a photo of a junked up mess of Precious piled up with absolutely no respect.  And there are 100s of versions of the Meme “It’s Not Hoarding If It’s Books”.  Uh… yes it is.

 Because of that one of my first areas of minimalizing was my book shelves in my studio!  (Upstairs books will be gone thru as I rework each room).  I’ve actually done this before and thought I was pretty much done.


 

Doesn’t look bad… especially when you consider I used have THREE of these units… filled.

  

It took me a full day to get it to this.  (Still a mess as I now have to organize and pretty up the space.)  I smile every time I walk past!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.