Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Money From Mark

 I'm sure you've heard about the class action law suit against Facebook over personal info being sold to a political 'machine'.

 The case settled with a 725 million dollar ruling against Facebook, to be awarded to people who had a Facebook account(s) between May 2007 and December 2022.

 That would be me!  And I filed for my piece of the action.

 It is a bit dicey about how payment will be made.  This is the best explianation of how that is going to work.  " Using an oversimplified example, if the net settlement amount is $100 and the total number of points for all claimants adds up to 500, you would be paid 20 cents ($100/500) for every month you had an open account between May 2007 and December 2022. If your account was activated for, say, 52 months you would receive $10.40 (20 cents x 52 months). If it was activated all 187 months of that period you would receive $37.40."  (ABC News)

 I really don't care about the amount.  I will be happy if I get .25c out of Mark Zuckerberg's pocket!  When (and if) I get anything, I'll let you know.




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.