Pages

Friday, September 15, 2023

A Simple Bound Journal

 Because of our Covid ‘seclusion’, the last class I was able to take was a cooking class at Whole Foods (which no longer exists).  That was February 2020.

 The post craft shop has started offering classes again.  Interesting classes.  I’ve jumped on this opportunity!

 


First one was a bound suede leather journal.  Pretty, soft, and flexible.  And the last time I’ll ever use suede again!  In binding the cover to the pages it was almost impossible to see the punched holes in the fuzzy suede texture.  UGH!

 

The binding threads made a nice pattern.  In the future I’ll add beads to make it nicer.


          

The pages are made with mixed media paper so it can be used for about anything.  Five sheets of paper were folded in half, which makes 10 pages per signature (book sections). 

 I did 5 signatures.  So this journal has 50 pages total.  That’s a good size to have.

 I have an idea of what I want to use it for.  Just have to see if the event I want to journal about actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.