Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Minimalizing With A Capsule Wardrobe

 Because of Covid and Himself's immune issues I have not been clothes shopping for years.  I did have clothes in smaller sizes that I moved down thru.  But it is time...  I've decided I want to do a capsule wardrobe with just the colors I love in my color palette and have only clothes that fit perfectly.

 "A capsule wardrobe is simply a collection of clothing composed of thoughtfully curated, easily interchangeable items designed to maximize the number of outfits that you can create. What is this? Essentially, a capsule wardrobe allows you to create a variety of different looks with a small selection of clothes."  There are all sorts of ideas about how one goes about this.  They range from the simplicity of the above definition to geeky bossy you can only do "X" or you must follow said guru's literal selections (bought thru their web site, of course).  I'm a simple living sort of girl... who doesn't need to be micro managed.

 I did a very serious Kon Mari of all my clothes and accessories.  There's not much left!  Now it's time to rebuild my wardrobe. 


Here is the basic format of building a capsule wardrobe...  I already blew off Rule 1.  I do not like navy and black is too harsh with my complexion.  My choice- charcoal grey. 


Now the fun part!  Picking my accent colors.  In the past I did the "Color Me Beautiful" class.  I am a "Summer".  So from that pallet I picked sky blue & periwinkle, aqua, rose, and lilac-orchid-plum to be mine.  They work well with each other.

 Let the shopping begin!  I am on my way to curating a look that is all "Teri"!


2 comments:

  1. I hope you post some photos once you have everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! Himself is wanting some new photos of me, so 2 things done at once.

      Delete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.