You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Monday, November 18, 2013

Decorative Chests Repurposed to Seasonal Shoe Storage

With my decluttering and organizing projects, I’m on the lookout for ways to store things using what I already have.  When we bought a new bed with a much lower frame I lost my underbed storage for my off season shoes. 


A light bulb in my head went off while I was dusting this little stack of chests in our bedroom.  They were empty… why not put shoes in them?

So I pulled out the boxes I’d stuffed shoes in and laid them out…
Not only did I find my winter shoes, I found a bunch of summer shoes I’d been looking for!  I also used the opportunity to purge a few pair that just didn’t suit me or were a bit too worn.
Now everything is neatly stored until it’s time to change over the season…which here in TN is after Thanksgiving.

Using the chests has freed up a lot of floor space in the guest room closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.