Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Folded Star Book

My last book making class was a bit different.  It's called a "star" book and it is very much not a traditional book.


I would describe it as origami with a cover!  This is the basic book form.


And if you attach the folded sheets differently...


It lays itself out in this form.


This book takes a LOT of gluing! 


I tried out this new (to me) glue/paste for adhering my paper.  Love it  It does not get the paper 'wet' so there are no ripples.  It is very sticky too.


Covers are done, now I'm going to adhere the ribbon.


That green ribbon with be laid across the glue line.


Once that's done, it's time to put in the paper signature.


Making sure it is even.


The bead locks in in place both open and closed.


Opening it up.


Almost open...


Fully open!

We were given enough supplies to make another star and one with the open layout.  I'll work on those soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.