Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

2020 Nashville Lawn & Garden Show

It is that time of year... SPRING is coming ~ tomorrow!!  So that means it was also time for the Lawn & Garden show at the beginning of the month.

The Nashville Fairgrounds have made some big changes since last year.  There are 3 big new expo buildings in a different location.  They are very nice... open and airy.  

If you recall, the last few years Himself and I have been working a shift at the bonsai club's display booth.  This year I was co-chair of the event and we sat the booth display for 2 full days.  Uff-da!  It was made easier in that we had a steady stream of club volunteers - 2 or 3 every couple of hours.

Mmmmm... can you imagine relaxing in your back yard next to this?  

A lovely little forest built right inside the building.

This year's display from my favorite group.  They always do something with recycling and easy landscapes.

A pretty display mini garden.

Need to move a whole tree?  This is how to do it!

I love this succulent display!  Everything looks so neat and tidy in matching terra cotta pots.  I think I'll copy this idea!

Great vendors this year.  The bird houses here were so fun.

There were tons of plants to choose from.  This year's 'hot plant' was the Lenten Rose.  I watched a lot of them heading out the door.

All the various plant clubs were back.  Besides our bonsai group there was the orchid club, the iris club, the rose society, the herb group, ... on and on and on.

Took me a while to find them... the floral arrangement display was there too.

And here is what saved the day(s) for me.  A rescue group brought this miniature horse.  "Smarty Jones" and I became best friends for those two days.  Why?  Because I shared my carrot snacks with him!  Whenever I got 'peopled out' I would head over for some equine loving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.