Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Full of "Toro"

We have acquired a used Toro push mower to keep up the areas closest to the house.  I knew we needed to have some oil, as those little engines get so hot.  But I wasn't sure what to get.

So I checked at their web site and it said to use "detergent SAE 10W30".  That's it.  I assumed that meant car oil but I wasn't sure.  So I followed the web site link for info.  

It was a Facebook page.  So I messaged my question from there.  Got a immediate robo reply that they don't answer questions there (!!!) and gave an email address to send to.

OK...

On 30 April I emailed this:  
"I was given a Toro model 16775 push mower.  On your spec page it says the oil to use is “detergent SAE 10W30.  Is this the same stuff as goes in the car?"  

On 5 May I recieved this reply:  "Thank you for contacting The Toro Company.  Your machine uses a high detergent SAE 10W-30 Motor Oil, which helps resists rust, oxidation, wear, corrosion and will also fight against the creation of sludge and deposits. If you search for "Detergent SAE 10W30 oil" online, you will find various brands who make this oil. 

Hope this helps! 

Regards,  Toro Consumer Service" 

Seriously??  I contact their customer service.  They repeat what I told them... then tell me to go find my answer in a random internet search.  Then give me a chirpy little "hope this helps".  Hope WHAT helps?  

My reply was "No, this didn’t help.  You repeated what I said and said to look online.  Very lame.  BTW, the question was “Is this the same oil as used in a car?”

Methinks perhaps with 'customer service' like this, when I do purchase new lawn equipment it will NOT be Toro. 

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.