You can email me at My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Lighthouse and Beach at Ft. Worden (Port Townsend, WA)

I like lighthouses.  A lot.  So when Friday morning was sunny and yet wonderfully cool, I decided to spend it out at the lighthouse.

There was a sign at the park visitor center saying there were tours of the lighthouse that day.  But when I got out there it was locked up tight.  Bummer!! 

But it was still pretty to look at.  It would have been a great place to live and I imagine the view from up there is spectacular. 

Since I couldn’t get near the lighthouse I decided to walk around it.  I followed the fence towards the beach and saw this sign…
Uff-da!  However, in looking around I saw that was the ONLY sign stating this.  And it was not visible from the beach.  So I decided to take my chances – like the few other people walking along the beach. 

Strolling through the sand dunes was very peaceful.  By this time I was the only person out there.  What a treat to have it all to myself. 

Wildflowers were everywhere, many I had never seen before.  Just beautiful!

As I reached the beach and its pile of driftwood, I had this view of the lighthouse.

I ambled along enjoying my time there and all the amazing things to be seen… like this piece of kelp. 

It was a nice walk.  The sea on one side and flower-covered dunes on the other.  And I had it all to myself.  Well, I did have one visitor as I sat on a huge driftwood log.  He was quite a character. 

But that’s another story…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teri, It's been so long since my last visit over here, I see you had a lovely visit to the Pacific coast. It was so fun to see you are a "rule-breaker" too when need be! ~Lili


Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.