Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

Splat Painting

When the pour painting class was over, I decided to have just a wee bit more fun...


I knew the woman sitting across from me and noticed she had a lot of paint leftover in her catch pan.  It was really pretty so I wondered what it would look like if I dropped a canvas on top of it.


So I did.

SPLAT!!


Not quite what I was hoping for.


So C and I decided to keep fooling around with it.  I took more paint from the tray and filled in the areas where there was no paint splatted in.


Then C took some leftover paint from her pour container and dripped onto the canvas.  I did a bit more smearing with the palate knife (and my fingers) until I was satisfied.


Here's the finished piece.  One person said it reminded her of Monet's water lilies.

I like that!  😉



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.