Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Bonsai 101: Austrian Pine


For my second Bonsai 101 class the topics were tree structure and how to winterize our trees.  We carved up a trunk slice so we could see all the different parts.


Our tree of the month was an Austrian Pine.


Eileen explained how care of a pine is quite different than that of a juniper.


Hmmmm...  I have never fooled around with a pine because they are rather fussy.


A good start in an interesting nebari (base).

This tree isn't anything I'd paid attention to, so I had to have a lot of help from my mentor.



Lots of help...

But I'm happy with how it turned out.  (Oh by the way, her name is Vienna).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.