Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

It's Fruit Cake Day!

Fruit cake.

There seems to be no middle ground... you either love them or hate them.

I'm on the LOVE side of the coin!

Even as a small child, when my parents were given a gift of a fruit cake I broke into a happy dance.  Better yet if there were several such gifts that year!  When I married Himself I found out that his father MADE fruit cake... the most wonderful fruit cakes ever.  Haven't had one since 1993.

Then a few years ago I discovered the fruit cakes of Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri.  The Trappist monks there make incredible fruit cakes to support their abbey.  Check out the video below... it is quite interesting.




Because they a kind of pricey (but worth it) every few years  I will order one as a special treat.  It comes in a plain brown box (so your neighbors won't know)...


... with this tin inside.


TWO pounds of lusciousness!


Is that not a picture of fruit cake beauty?


Ummmmmmm....



1 comment:

  1. I don't care for most fruitcake, but the Assumption Abbey ones are in a whole different category.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.