Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

Memory Lane: Foods Gone But Not Forgotten

Have you ever reminisced about favorite treats that are no longer made... or aren't made like they used to be?


The tiny neighborhood store next to my grandpa's house had one of these.


Do you remember when soda bottle lids had to be pried off?  And that there was a little piece of real cork in the lid to seal the bottle?


Most kids would beg for sweets... I begged for some cheese and banana chips!  When my parents shopped at "South County Mall" if I was good they would give me some money to get something at Hickory Farms.


That store was one of my favorite places to be, especially since you could sample!


This falls into the "used to be better" category.  I never was a morning person, nor do I like to eat first thing in the morning.  This was my breakfast almost every school morning... forever! 
 (They are still in my pantry for "those days".)


Do you remember cookies and milk time in elementary school?  This little milk-aholic would get TWO cartons of milk.  Friday was Chocolate Milk Day.


I would pay good money to have more school pizza!  From the middle please with lots of cheese.


Do you remember soda cans with this sort of tab?


There were many a finger cut with these.  We made long chains with them to make useless stuff.


These were the BEST!  Especially the chocolate chip.  It came with its own little pan to make a cake the size of a cake box.  I think all you had to mix in was water.  So good!


Much better than Jell O pudding.


OK... I put this up as a 'long gone' food but when I googled it to get a date... I found out that Planters has started making them again!  I've ordered some thru Walmart's online.  There will be a future post reviewing if they are as good as they used to be!


Microwave popcorn just isn't as fun!


McD's FRIED pies.  They were so good!


Just aren't the same since Hostess sold out...


I got TWO of these every Christmas in my stocking.


Enough to keep me going for a while.


THE favorite flavor!


I liked these too.


CHOICES!


Kathryn Beich products were the go-to fund raiser at my school.  The Katydids (Turtles) were good but my favorite was the Pillows (basically bite sized Butterfingers- but more tender). 


The Christmas staple at great grandma's house.


Lifesavor swirl pops.  Two flavors swirled together like banana and strawberry.


A recent "gone".  

The company was sold and it doesn't seem like the candies will be continued.  So good bye Neccos and Valentine Candy Hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.