Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Out With The Old, In With The New

Hi... I'm back.  The last couple of months been life altering.  I made decisions I never dreamed I would be forced to do.  But for all forms of my health, it all had to be done.  Now I can move forward.  Reset my life so to speak.

 December was quiet. 

 We were tapped by the big snow storm.  

(Lifted photo from 2nd day)

Not bad here (compared to other places in the US), but the county road department did NOTHING to our hill. 

 

So we were stuck for 6 days.  It wasn't an issue since we knew it was coming.  We did a good shopping, readied the kerosene heater, and made sure the bird seed bucket was upstairs.  However I am very ticked that I forgot to make snow ice cream!!

 Our Christmas was uncomplicated.  We got our fresh tree and decorated it very simply.  Blue lights, silver garland, and our 40 year old angel on top.  Plus our single ornament for this year.  Next to it, our nativity village was set up on the hearth.  It was beautiful.  Christmas Eve meal was a charcutier platter.  Christmas dinner was Porterhouse steaks, Golden Cauliflower, and some seasoned pasta.  I had planned to fire grill the steaks... -2*F nixed that idea really fast.  Broiled was just fine.

 January was busy.

  

For both of us, it was (is) time to get rid of baggage. 

 My main project was to do a final declutter.  I'm going from "good" to "done".  Very therapeutic.  During January I finished the entire upstairs by removing any remaining clutter and got what was left organized.  It is really crazy how you can think you're done but still find more that needs to away.  Downstairs will happen in February.  Attic in March.  Shed in April.  Himself is working on his clutter too.

 I'm starting to get this Medicare garbage figured out.  I still hate it with a passion but what is, is. 

 All the above, along with other 'get it done or started' stuff, has made for a satisfying month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.