Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Create! from December

Did you know that 31 January is "Inspire Your Heart With Art" day.  It's OK... I rolled my eyes too!

But seriously, in 2019 I am going to engage in more creative projects because getting Right Brain fired up helps Left Brain get its motor running too.  Rather than have a peppering of posts through the month about things I've done (that I am willing to show 😉 ...), I'll be doing a compilation of what I've done the previous month and place it at the end of the current month.  (i.e. the below are the few things I did in December).


This is a post card for a swap.  The scene is actually a decorative napkin which I've used as my background.  I embellished it a bit by adding some fine glitter to highlight snowy areas.  The strips on either side are pieces of bark from a river birch.

Below are part of an alphabet tag series I'm working on.  The facilitator of the group doing this gives a word to go with each letter of the alphabet, then the participants create using their own take of the word.  I came in 'late to the party' so I'm playing catch-up.  I'm using a bunch of old paint sample cards as my tag base with the color of the chip as part of the design.


F was for Fairy.
I used pieces from an old puzzle and a broken off wing from a butterfly embellishment.  Oh!  My letters are from a wood chip set I bought just for this project.  It's called "typewriter".


G was for Green.
Yep... I used green stuff.  I made the flower from scraps of paper I punched out with a flower punch.


H was for Hydrangea.
I started with a photo I took and made three copies of the print.  The first was glued to the tag to give me a background.  The second and third were glued together (back to back).  Then I cut the petals so they would raise up to make a 3D image... the first and second layers gave me the depth I needed.

"I" took some time and I didn't finish it soon enough to put in this post.  You'll see it next month!


J was for Junk.
To do this one, I reached over into my trash bin and pulled out some envelopes I'd thrown away.  Just a little bit of cutting and arranging to get~ Junk MAIL!

Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.