Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

Review: KRUPS Belgian Waffle Maker

Late 2017 our much beloved and VERY old (like it belonged to my grandmother in her early marriage!) waffle maker finally gave it up.  It was a sad day indeed.

And so the search for a new one started.  I looked and looked and looked.  Either they had terrible ratings, were those 'flip' waffle makers (ugh, let's just feel like we're in a motel), or they were tiny and usually cutesie (I don't need a single heart shaped waffle~ I need breakfast!)  The few I did find that met our needs were almost $200.  Ummm... No.

In June of 2018 another search brought up the KRUPS waffle maker.  It seemed to check all the blocks and was only $40.  Sold!  By the beginning of July we were having waffles.


The machine.  A bit of reality here; it is not a shiny display piece.  It gets used as it is here.


Putting the batter in.  It's very important to have a recipe that you like.  Not all recipes are equal!



Part way through the cooking process.  I like my waffles very light and only have one square.  So Himself sets it on a lower temps and pulls out one square for me.  He then closes the lid and turns the dial up one level to get the browning he wants for his waffles.

(The waffles are stuck [but only lightly] to the lid because Himself didn't get the top rack oiled well enough.  Yes, even with nonstick coating you still have to oil.  By the time his were done, they popped right out.)


The finished waffles.

I waited several months before writing this review because I wanted to see how we really liked the machine and how well it really worked.

We like it and would definitely buy another.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.