Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

Simple, as in... Abundance, as in...



Each year for the past 4 years I’ve chosen a ‘guiding word’ for the year.  A thought to center my focus on.  In 2015 it was “Create”, ‘16 it was “Beautiful”, in ’17 it was “Enough” and in ’18 it was “KonMari”.

Ambitious words... exhausting words. 

This year is more gentle... my word(s) are “simple abundance”.  In it are wrapped my last four years.

SIMPLE~

In the past year I have been in full KonMari (and have been KonMari-ed).  Besides the catch phrase “Does it bring you Joy?” I have added one of my own:  “What is the point?”  Besides ‘things’, I’ve looked at habits, hobbies, plans for home & yard, and even organization & clubs. 

My calendar is much less full, so much simpler.  Hobbies and plans are more focused.  Things are those that I need and use (except for the shed... the shed is always a mess...).

ABUNDANCE~

With the focus on what I have... a husband who adores me, my faith, a home that is both spacious enough and private, a most excellent kitty, a comfy car, food in the larder, nice clothes to wear, access to the things we do need... I will learn to cease striving and be grateful. 

I will create.  I will sing.  I will laugh.

Simple abundance, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.