Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

Front Courtyard Makeover

It is finally done.

After a couple years of neglect (just didn't have the heart for it) Himself and I have gotten our yard whipped into shape.


Welcome to our home!


On the right as you come up the sidewalk is the sitting area.  All set-up for conversation and toasted marshmallows.


To the left is a small table that will house my 'kusamono' (accent plants for a bonsai display).  I haven't started making those yet.


And just above the kusamono area is a bench for sitting to enjoy... 


... looking at my bonsai!

Himself made the bench for me.  All of my bonsai are in 'training'~ no where near ready for a show.


Back on the left is our Japanese maple.  This will eventually be a nice little garden in its own right.


The front porch (or as my grandma called it ~ the stoop).


Looking back at the driveway from the porch.


To the immediate left of the porch is my 'desert garden'.

If you look to the left of the hummingbird feeder you can see Persia's little face.


Then just past that is my herbs.  From left to right: basil, parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary.

I am SO happy it is done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.