You can email me at My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Indoor Winter Wonderland

I’ve decided to start doing a wee bit of seasonal decorating. Although I like the look and think it’s fun, I also like my things I have out all the time. When I put out my Christmas things this year, I pulled some that are more “winter” than “Christmas”. Now that Christmas is put away, I’ll put out these snowmen and ‘snowy’ decorations for a month. They’ll make a nice start to the year.

So I’ve picked a few areas throughout the house I will use from now on:

The fireplace hearth.

The table at the back of our couch. 

The top of my little desk. 

The vase I moved into the hall bathroom.

And the opposite corner of the bathroom.

I had a lot more fun decorating than I thought I would! Now I have to start planning for NEXT month.



  1. Winter nesting is so much fun! Nice way to savor this beautiful season Teri. ~Lili

  2. I have a bit of "winter" artwork (featuring snow scenes and/or bare trees) that will stay out until the beginning of spring.

  3. Oh I love this! I usually try to leave my red stuff through valentines day, but I never thought about leaving my snowy stuff out! Thank you!

  4. I also snap up all the "holiday" candles. Usually they have a wonderful pine scent that brings the winter inside.


Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.