I’m ready for my January challenges! Here’s what I have lined up:
1. Home – Time to KonMari again. A year has passed and there is definitely more to let go.
2. Yard – Not much... it’s January for Pete’s sake! However, I will get the lilacs, myrtles, and hibiscus pruned. They are getting to be beasts!
3. Kit – I’ll be doing a ‘shopping’ kit that will consist of a price comparison notebook and a coupon file. I've done this before and it is well worth the effort of setting it up.
4. Fitness – Starting back with my “Sloth Running” (I’ll get there when I get there!). I have signed up for a 5K in mid-March so it is time to get real with this. I hope to do a 5K each month IF I can find one near by that supports a good cause. #USOTenMiler
5. Appearance – This month’s focus is hair and skin. Between being "a woman of a certain age", the stresses of the 2nd half of 2017, and having dry skin in general I need a lot of work on this! I may take me to a spa for a day. 😉
6. Spiritual – Get back to serving Him properly and with intention. This month it is time to start being grateful again.
7. Assemblage/Mixed Media - My first month will be focusing on configuration boxes, shadow boxes, and rigid mountings.
8. Creative Focus Project – Quilting. I'm starting two projects this month. One is the is the 3 decade old sampler quilt which I WILL finish. The second is a quilt that will use blocks, fabrics, and scraps from Himself's family heritage. Of course I won't finish them in January but there will be a good start and I will aim to finish by next New Year.
9. Writing – Write a haiku piece in octave form for the EHC writing contest.
10. My photos – Cull and organize the hard drive photos. A daunting task as I've done about 4 different mass saves that I have to pick thru to find the few unique photos in each. Uff-da! Goal is to have only 2 complete copies - one on the external hard drive and the other on my lap top. And to have it organized in such a manner that new photos can be easily transferred.
11. Photo albums – Finish my 2006 Mexico trip album journaling.
12. Photo books – Finish my 2011 Scotland trip album. This is another biggie as there is just SO much to go thru.