Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Clutter Free Me

 We have finally done it.  

Our home is clutter free!!  Well… the attic and shed aren’t done because it is impossibly HOT.  But they are in really good shape.   They will have their FINAL go-over in October, if not earlier. 

My last major area was my creative studio.  It always got pushed back behind everything else I needed to do.  I’m so excited that now I’m able to create as I wish. 

I have gone over everything as to exactly what my creative project will be from now on, and then did a hard culling.  Those supplies were sorted, organized, and labeled.  In step with my wabi sabi lifestyle, organizers and labels are simple things that for the most part I already had.  I will confess to buying some Sterilite shoe & boot boxes.  We have a terrible time with stupid destructive mice and cardboard storage doesn’t work. 

My labels are simple white card stock that are hand written then hand dotted along the edge for a border.  Those Sharpie fumes pert’ near did me in! 

After I finished my studio, Himself & I went over the entire house one more time.  It only took a leisurely day to do so.  We’ll keep clutter out of our lives by doing a “tidy” once a week.  It should be no more than a quick walk through with a basket and a trash bag. 

The thing that has made it possible is we have two people who are top shelf networks for getting things to people who need them.

Occasionally I have something I’d like to get a little cash from.  I use Facebook Marketplace for that.  Larger things (things I can’t fit in our little car to take up to E) with a low value either go on the “No Buy C’ville” Facebook group OR go down on the end of the driveway with a FREE sign on it. 

Yeah, it’s been a long time coming.  It is so worth it.

(A section in my studio)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.