Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

Making "Junk" Journals

One of my new projects is learning how to make journals and bound books.  It is a lot of fun and something that you can keep increasing your skill level as you make different kinds.


This is my first.  It is the most simple binding, called 'twine binding".  You just loop twine around as many times as needed to hold your page signatures.

Obviously this one is a travel journal.


The 'junk' part comes in with what you use to make the page signatures.

Leftover scrapbook papers...


... paper bags and magazine pages...



...leftover embellishments and old letters.


Whatever you have at hand!

When I fill it, I'll show you how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.