Pages

Monday, July 4, 2022

Review on LG washer CUSStomer service RE repair

 

 As said before, we bought a LG washer in January when our 20 some year old Kenmore finally gave it up. 

Everything was going well until mid-May (only 4 months old!!) when it started having a problem with the spin cycle... as in it wouldn't!  Himself (the launderer) tried all sorts of things.  Sometimes it would work, sometimes not.

So on 23-May I called LG customer service to invoke my warranty for repair.  It took 7 minutes to get thru the useless robo-operator and get to a human.  Then that 1st "customer service" agent hung up on me!!   Back to robo again but at least the 2nd agent didn't hang up.  She took 'information' and said the repairman schedule me in soon.

Two days later repair called - asking for the same info I'd already given.  Then they said they'd get back with me 'tomorrow'.  And I got a call the next day... from LG asking me the same blasted info I'd already given TWICE. 

Who did not call was the repairman.  The 800# that showed up on caller ID was an unmanned line that was never answered.

So on 2 June I when thru the nutroll again of calling LG customer again.  The customer DIS-service agent said she'd call me back in 2 days regarding the issue and would get it repaired.  I said "So you will be calling me Saturday?"  Her reply, "NO!  I don't work on Saturday!"  She then said she'd call on Monday.

She lied.

So I started spamming the LG FB page with a dated list of how the so called customer service was blowing off my attempt to get my warranty service.

EVERY.  SINGLE. DAY. on 10 different post comments. 

After a about a week of that, they gave me the local phone number for the repairman.

They didn't answer that number either.  So I looked up where the shop was located.  Wonderful!  We were going to drive right past it that day.  I stomped my very unhappy self into their shop/store.  The dude said, "How can I help you?"  I replied, "By answering your phone.  I've been calling trying to set up my appointment since you never called back..."

Miraculously I got an appointment for 2 days later.  Amazing, eh?

Happy to say, repair dude showed up just fine.  The whole issue was when it was delivered and set up, one of the leveling legs wasn't locked in and had shortened.  Being unlevel caused it to stop the spin acceleration because the drum was being shaken too hard.

A full month it took to get my repair taken care of.  That must be what LG stands for...

Lots of Garbage! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.