Pages

Monday, July 25, 2022

You're Kidding Me, Right?

 The “CUSStomer” service I’ve been encountering lately is starting to get scary.

 

We have been Dell customers for a long time; at least 20 years of multiple computers.  The latest new-purchase-not-acting-right is Himself’s mid-grade Dell Inspiron computer we got in early March.  First, I did NOT get the package I asked for.  That was slid by me with a long jargon filled ‘quote’ that Teri - who is without a computer science degree - did not catch.  Thanks jerks!

 But anyway, my call to CUSStomer service was regarding not being able to download a ‘critical’ update.  After several weeks of trying every which way the “online help” told me to work it, I called the 800#.  It took 20 minutes to have my call answered by – you guessed it – ROBO agent.  Oh joy…  Took another 5 minutes of yelling ‘AGENT’ before I got a human.

 … I think…

 Her solution to my in warranty problem was to “…unplug ALL the wires (cables) from the CPU AND the components, then shake them”.

 WHAT?!

 Her reply, “Oh yes!  You must disconnect the wires and shake them so the static will drain out.  Then you will be able to download the update.”

 

OK, takes a lot to make me speechless.  That did the trick.

 I hung up.  I was in no mood to be played that day. 

 This battle is for some other time. 

 I will never buy a Dell computer again.  Instead I will have a local company custom build something that THEY will carry the warranty on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.