Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Good Eats: Broussards of Cape Giraudeau, MO

A few weeks ago I had the chance to have some Cajun food with my parents. I jumped at the chance!


I met them in Cape Girardeau, MO and we rode together downtown to Broussard’s. It’s part of a bar and grill. Even tho there is a non smoking section… you have to walk thru the bar to get to it and some does spill over. So if you are allergic this is something to be aware of.

The menu was full of Cajun staples… jambalaya, etouffe, gumbo, red beans and rice and so on. Fried frog legs, crayfish and alligator. How do you decide when everything sounds so tasty?

You don’t!

 
I ordered the sampler meal where you can pick 3 items from a list of about 8 different entrĂ©e offerings.  I had Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya and Crayfish Etouffe.  It came with a side of red beans and rice.  The creole and etouffe where fairly mild but the jambalaya and red bean could heat you up fast!   I thought it would be 'tasting' portions but it was an insane amount of food!

 As Cajun cook Justin Wilson would have said…


“Whooooo Boy! Dat’s good! I gar-on-tee!!!”

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I haven't had Cajun food for 7 years! [In Maine there is a smoking ban in all restaurants, bars and lounges.] ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch Justin Wilson on T.V. and just loved him. That food looks and sounds delicious! It has been a while since I have enjoyed some good cajun food. I had neighbors from Baton Rouge and they used to make some fantastic Jambalaya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be soo after the frog legs! And, alligator. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.