Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Have Fork, Will Travel

Gotta love a photo challenge that makes you go out to eat… or fix something delicious at home! What a perfect, wonderful excuse to indulge in my favorite meals.

Where do I start?


How about sitting down to a spicy Ethiopian dinner?  Let’s see… we have lega tibs, goram goram, red and yellow lentils, cabbage & carrots, green beans, and tomato relish. 


And of course all the injeria you need.


Maybe instead I’ll have sushi. Mango roll is scrumptious.  Shrimp, crab mix, avocado and Japanese mango with special mango sauce.


Or perhaps Greek!  I can’t pass up a gyro platter with falafel, dolmades and baklava.  The tzatziki sauce really sets it off.


I could stay at home and sauté some beautiful seas scallops and accompany it with an artichoke.


But I think I’ll have a Caprese salad made with heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil from my garden… dressed with my good balsamic vinegar.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, please. My place or yours? Lovely, delicious and varied foods. I'm particularily tempted by the gyro platter, the scallops & artichoke, and the caprese salad - yum! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly my granola is less appealing. : D

    My favorite would be the caprese salad, and all the time preferred choice. I can never have enough basil.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The artichoke plate is gorgeous, but I'll have what you're having...

    Have you ever been to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival? It's an annual event, going on right now, and you can literally eat and drink your way around the world, with food stands set up from dozens of countries and demonstrations - you would have a ball! Check it out here:

    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

    By the way, I LOVE the new guestroom, and your roof is the exact same as mine! And mine is almost 15 years old now and still looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spicy Ethiopian dinner caught my eye. I love the zangy colours. Looks very healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what goram goram is but I like the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The caprese salad is calling out to me. I have no more fresh tomatoes left! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.