You can email me at teri-gonewalkabout2@hotmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Shelf By Any Other Name…

I have a question--


Is this a shelf?


Or is this a shelf?


And if you mean this… then do you say “a shelf from the shelf”?

Is it a ‘bookshelf’ if it has other things on it?


Sometimes there are more knic-knacs than books. 


And sometimes there are no books at all!


What do you call it if it is a part of a piece of furniture?


Or if it hangs on a wall? 


If it has doors, is it still a shelf?

Oh this is giving me a headache! I think I will just shelf this line of thought for another day!!



1 comment:

  1. HA! I loved your post... it made me giggle... arguing the semantics of 'shelves' ... or shelf... or well...
    anyway, all great examples of shelves.

    came over from FJI...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I've had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks have been overloading me lately.

However... I don't approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers don't deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.