Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: Z






Zurura – In planning our Kenya trip in 2006, I discovered the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.  This group rescues and rehabilitates orphan elephants and an occasional rhino.  To help with the tremendous cost they have set up a program where one can “sponsor” a baby elephant.  We did – and his name is Zurura.  We even got to visit with him while we were there.  Zurura is a success story and is now living free in Tsavo National Park.  This is a recent photo of him (we are still “sponsoring” him so we can keep getting his updates).  

Zoo (St Louis) – A favorite place to go as a child… and as an adult.  They have great programs and are very active in conservation and breeding programs.  Little Bird and Little Hoss love going there too!

Zebra – One of my favorite wild creatures.  I had a blast in Kenya photographing them… I have so many zebra photos (like this one!).  

Zero – If I must drink a diet soda, this is the one I would pick.  But I’d rather have water…

Zen gardens – I’ve always enjoyed the order and peaceful of Zen gardens.  I’m trying to use a modified version this style in the landscaping of our yard.  

Zucchini – While I do enjoy zucchini and have found many ways to prepare it, I discovered one year that 3 zucchini plants can produce enough zucchini to feed a small army…

Zinnia - I love these bright little flowers.  They are so nice in a garden with all their color and make great cutting flowers too.  I plan on having a flower garden for cutting and they are on the top of my list for planting. 

Zipper purse - I received one of these as a gift from someone who went on a mission trip to Brazil.  The whole thing is made from one zipper.  As you unzip it, it goes from purse to a 9’ long zipper.  What fun!

Zorro – This was the name of our pet iguana.  He was so named because of the way he’d slash his whip-like tail when he was displeased.  He was an interesting pet.  (This photo is not Zorro.  I took this in Costa Rica.)  

Zealous – I am zealous about the things I love and care about.  My Lord, my family, my friends, my home.   

And this is Z-end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.