Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

I've Got Peaches!

Roadside produce stands are one of my favorite stops on a road trip.  On the way up to see my family I saw a sign for a local peach orchard (Dogwood Orchards) near Bertrand in SE Missouri.  It wasn’t far off my route – only 2 miles south – so I headed down to check it out. 


I soon saw a welcoming sign…


… and the fruit stand surrounded by peach trees.  He was about done for the day but I was still able to get a few quarts to take home with me.


The trees were crazy heavy with fruit!






You wouldn’t believe how incredible it smelled in there.  It would be so easy to string up a hammock and chill out right in the middle of all of it.


But I had to be content with wandering around a bit enjoying the experience.  You can be sure I will be stopping by on my next trip up!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.