Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kitchen Staple Recipe - Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

I have a few recipes that most, if not all, ingredients are kitchen staples.  Here's one of my favorite: Stove Top Stuffing Chicken Casserole.  I usually have a bag of chicken breasts in the freezer that have been packaged up flat so they thaw quickly.  And I make a BIG batch because it is so good as leftovers (or for feeding starving wolves...).





5 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or chunks, as to your preference.

10 oz. Swiss cheese, grated

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 c. milk (or half & half)

2 boxes stuffing mix (my favorite is Stove Top chicken)

1/2 c. melted butter


Preheat oven to 350 F.

Butter or spray a 10 X 15 pan. 

Place chicken in the bottom of the pan. Top evenly with Swiss cheese.

Combine soup and milk, pour over cheese. Spread so it's a fairly even across the top.

Sprinkle stuffing mix over top of casserole. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 45 - 50 minutes.

(I usually lightly 'mix' the stuffing down a bit into the sauce after I remove from the oven.  I don't like the stuffing too crunchy and this helps it to soak up some of the gravy from the casserole.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.