You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Saturday, January 5, 2013

Emergency Preparedness: Selecting the Place

As I mentioned yesterday, we are working on becoming prepared for emergencies.  I am NOT talking “the BIG ONE” survivor type stuff.  I’m preparing for realistic emergencies such as an ice storm that takes out power lines (been there, done that – 9 days without electricity!) or needing to take shelter from a storm or one of those barges on the river springs a leak and we have to bug-out.
 
The safest place in our home to ride out a storm is under the stairs.  This will be our ‘safe place’ and storage area for storm supplies.
 
First order of business… empty it out!  Then we got it cleaned up.  There were a zillion nails to pull and it needed a good scrubbing.
 
 
And that is as far as we got!  Now we can take measurements to build a reinforced area with storage space. 
 
More to come after a trip to Lowes!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.