You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pinterest Inspired: Blue Stuffed Eggs

Last month I saw a Pinterest pin of pastel stuffed eggs.  They were so pretty that I decided to try them for our Easter meal.
 
 
I started out as though I were making normal stuffed eggs.  I did wash off the egg white halves so there was no yolk clinging to them. 
 
 
Then I put some water in a large coffee cup and added blue food coloring until it reached the color I wanted – a nice dark blue because I wasn’t sure how it would take on the egg whites.
 
 
Ten halves fit in the cup.  I let them soak for about 5 minutes as I did other things.  I took them all out at once, then gently dried them with a paper towel wrapped around my finger.
 
 
From there I stuffed them as normal.
 
 
Blue stuffed eggs! 
 
Wouldn’t it be fun to do red, white, and blue ones for the Fourth of July?
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How did the blue eggs go over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loved them. We're going to do them green sometime for a little Dr Suess fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic recipes! U make it so beautiful! The blue eggs look so appetizing! Thanks for sharing. I had featured u in the article of Top 7 Inspiring Dishes with Eggs on AllFreshRecipes. Looking forward ur newly EATS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.