You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Monday, May 27, 2013

Caffe Nonna in Nashville

I’ve written about the culinary classes Himself and I have taken with Nashville chef Dan Maggipinto.  I was finally able to take Himself for the treat of eating at Dan’s restaurant “Caffe Nonna” (http://caffenonna.com ).
 
 
It’s a small restaurant with incredible personal service.  Unless you are getting there right at opening, reservations are your best bet for getting a seat.  We booked early and by the time we finished our meal the place was packed!
 
 
An open kitchen adds to the atmosphere. 
 
 
I had the ‘Lasagna Nonna’ – “Layers of butternut squash, spinach, pasta, and ricotta on sautéed Swiss chard with two sauces”.  Excellent!
 
 
Himself enjoyed the ‘Seafood Angelina’ – “Fresh mussels, scallops, shrimp, and baby clams sautéed with tomatoes, garlic, saffron, chilies, pancetta, and cream then tossed with fettuccine.
 
It was a great evening.
 
Dan also has a pizzeria right next door for a more casual dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.