Pages

Monday, November 19, 2018

Army Notebook Made Over To Gratitude Journal

In this month of thankfulness and gratitude, I made a new junk journal for myself.  A journal to record the things/events/people for which I am grateful. 


The "JUNK" part of this journal is that it is an old (very old) Army journal that Himself had fished out of a trash can for me.  Himself has been retired for almost 20 years!

It's such a lovely shade of yuck green.


But inside it is a nice journal.

 It just needs some love to become wonderful... like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree!


The first thing done was to paint the 😝 green canvas cover with a couple of coats of white gesso.  Then I did a third coat with clear gesso to adhere a sheet of tissue paper for my base.


Once the tissue paper layer dried, I added one more coat of clear gesso to mount a portion of a Thanksgiving napkin to make my cover.

I love the way it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.