Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Bonsai 101: It's Done!

With all that was going on in my life in early March, I forgot to tell about the March bonsai class.  Ya gotta love Tennessee weather... at the January and February classes we were in short sleeves.  In the March class... we nearly froze!


Our lesson was on watering.  Our instructor had trees in various need of water and we had to decide what that need was.


Side note... one of Eileen's beautiful bonsai trees!


Our tree of the month was a Japanese maple.  Here I am doing root work to get it ready for repotting.


 A quick spray rehydrates the roots and gets rid of some of the stubborn soil.


Getting after those roots some more.


Finally done!  All that was left was to get it in bonsai soil in this pot.


Now for April... our last class.  A bittersweet day.  I have loved these class and have learned so much.  I wish it could continue.  On the other hand... I was really tired of the early mornings and the hour and a half drive.


Our day start with a short lesson.

And then our final.  Four pages worth 50 points.  Going to brag a bit; I only missed one and probably could have argued it and gotten the point.


Our graduation cake.


The group (at least most of us).  On either side are our teachers Eileen and John.


Our final tree was a bald cypress!


One of my favorites.

They are so tough that is was a quick repot.


In a short time I was finished with both my tree and the bonsai course.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.