Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

To Cherish...

Did you know that 21 April is "Husband Appreciation Day"?

Himself and I will be married for 38 years this September.  There are so many things I appreciate about him.  If I were given a choice to go back to 1981, knowing everything that has happened in our lives, and decide whether or not to marry him... oh I WOULD!

And here are just a very few reasons why I would...


I love his faith.
(Doing Bible study at the kitchen table so he could be in the same room as me.)


I love how much he loves our niece and nephew.
(Taken at Elephant Rocks State Park on a fun outing with them.)


I love that he is a rescuer.
(He pulled this little lizard out of that fire blazing in the background.)


I love his great fashion sense.
(OK... maybe not so much.  But he does clean up nice!)


I love taking cat naps with him.
(And so does Persia!)


I love that he brings me flowers.
(Wild roses he picked for me.)


I love how he makes me feel special.
(A home made chocolate cupcake and a cuppa of tea for my birthday.)


I love his delicious chocolate pudding he makes for me.
(Yes, it is as good as it looks!)


I love when he asks, "Would you like some hot biscuits?"
(What other answer is there but "Yes"?)


I love how he always helps me with the yard work.
(Here he is raking out my herb bed.)


I love how he participates in my interests.
(Helping me get my bonsai bedded down for the winter.)


I love how he enjoys going on trips, lectures, and exhibits with me.
(Talking with a gentleman on a WWII Navy boat.)


I love how easily he makes furry friends.
(At a B&B we stayed at.)


I love how easily he can talk to people.
(His new best friend... since he shared some sake with him!)


I love how he brings me surprises.
(A glass snake he found in a leaf pile.)


I love how he gets excited about what I am excited about.
(Taken during the total eclipse in August 2017.)


I love how he enjoys the weather.
(High water crazy!)


I love how he comes with me to events, even if he's not interested.
(I don't mind him reading a book while I do my thing.)


I love his patriotism.
(Laying wreaths at Christmas time at the Veteran's Cemetery.)


I love how much fun we have together making box for Operation Christmas Child.
(At the drop off point last November.)


I love how he makes things fun.
("Serving" biscuits to the ladies of our EHC club.)


I love how he is just as much into Christmas tree hunting and decorating as I.
(This year's tree.)


I love each and every year we have shared.

Yes, I would do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.