Pages

Monday, April 15, 2019

Memory Lane: The Games of Childhood

Oh how different games were back 'in the day' than they are now!


Born in 1962, this was a close as I got to an electronic game.


But most of my toys were Teri powered!


When I was really little, this was one that would be in my toy bag when my family went to someones house who didn't have kids for me to play with.


Oh how I love my playground ball!


I could play some mean four square!


I'd just make the bugs and play with them.  (When you are an only child, you learn to improvise!)


Had this but it wasn't my favorite.




All of these helped develop my hand-eye coordination.  I can stack just about anything now!

Spent hours playing with this.  It was a favorite game when I had company over.


I loved trying to solve the mystery... Col Mustard in the dining room with a candlestick.

A clever trick of my mom and aunt.  My cousins and I never had the same games.  Kept the games fresh for each visit.  Good move!


My final game of childhood.

Yes, we had lawn darts.  We were smart enough not to get in front of them...

I've noticed quite a few of these at Target as 'classic games'.  I really should pick up a few of them and break them out when we have company for a little retro fun!



1 comment:

  1. I didn't have any siblings to play with, either, so I took turns with myself :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.