You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Monday, November 26, 2012

Wild Lights with the Wild Life

While in MO for Thanksgiving, we went with Sis and Big J to take the babies to see a special event at the St. Louis zoo.  It’s called “Wild Lights”. 
 
 
Areas of the zoo are decorated with Christmas lights and decorations.  It’s done very well, quite a treat for the eyes.
 
 
The babies were bundled up as warm as possible. 
 
 
Loved this swan near the entrance!
 
 
The polar bear almost looked furry.  I couldn’t figure out what it was made from.  Isn’t it fantastic?
 
 
The kids really liked it.
 
 
This was a ‘moving’ light display, with the monkeys swinging along a vine.  Little Bird showed us how the monkeys were moving.
 
 
There were a few areas open, such as the penguin house.  These King penguins looked a bit sleepy!  LOL
 
 
Little Bird checked out the area from on top of Himself’s shoulders. 
 
 
Almost nose-to-nose with a Rockhopper penguin!  She loved it!
 
 
The Conservation Carousel was open too.  The babies got two rides on it; one with their Mom and Dad… and one with their auntie and ‘unka’ – US!
 
 
We didn’t get to stay very long, as the night was pretty “Frosty” and babies get cold!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.