Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Autumn Fireplace

As I mentioned earlier, after I finished decorating my hearth I moved on up to the mantel. 
 
It was decorated mostly with items from our travels.  And while I liked it, I did want to go with seasonal themes that I could change out. 
 
So everything came off and I started over again!
 
This is what I came up with. 
 
 
The step ladder is the one I found alongside the road a while back.  The ‘wreath’ is a frame wrapped in burlap.  Ribbon and a leaf garland added some color to it.  I filled the candle holder and lantern with acorns from my parents oak trees.  The boot planter is a recent project.  The large pumpkin is new from Kirkland’s. 
 
 
Here is how the fireplace looks now.  So cozy. 
 
Now if the weather would just get a little more autumn-like!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!

    One more day of summer-like weather here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Fireplace display!! We don't have a fireplace, but I still like to have an Autumn display either on my kitchen island or on my cookbook stand. We just got back from a trip to The Patch up in WA and brought back a few little pumpkins and dried corn to make a display. Of course, I have more stuff upstairs...but not sure I am going to use all of that this year.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.