Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

A DIY Upholstery Cleaner That Works!

I came across a 'make it yourself' upholstery cleaner on Pinterest which I pinned for 'later'.  Well later came sooner as I found myself with a very dirty recliner that I had to clean ASAP.  I was the middle woman in getting this piece of furniture to someone who needed it.


The recipe is very simple and we had everything we needed at home.  The recipe is:

1/2 cup concentrated blue Dawn dish soap
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup club soda

Mix them together in a spray bottle.

You'll also need a heavy duty scrub brush and a bunch of paper towels or old white towels.

Spray down your item really good and let sit 10 to 15 minutes.

Make sure you let it sit!!

Then start scrubbing in small blocks.  As the dirty foam rises, wipe it off with the 'towels'.  ( I used paper towels because it was so gross I just wanted to throw away the nastiness.)


Here is the before.  As you can see, a little dirty ended up being a lot dirty!  First step was Himself giving it a big vacuuming.


Then we got to scrubbing!  I had done a first run on the right third of the foot rest.  You can see how it is getting bluer. 

It took two full scrubbings before I was happy with it.  


Much better... yes?

This DIY upholstery cleaner is a definite winner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.