Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Crazy Cucumber!

When checking on the succulents I have on the deck, I noticed something strange growing up over the plants.


I couldn't believe it!  It looked like a cucumber vine but surely not.  The deck is on the second story.


So I headed downstairs to the garden to see what was going on.


Right there... growing in my raspberry pot was one skinny cucumber vine.  The only thing I can think of how it got there was one day I yanked loose a vine that had grown across one of the tomato cages and threw it behind me.

It must have landed in the raspberries and taken root!

  
It then climbed up the raspberry plant until it could grab a hold of the wind chime.


No wonder I haven't been hearing the chimes!


On up it went...


Right thru the deck rails and up towards my hanging basket.  I estimate that one vine was about 25 feet long.

Then we took off for 3 weeks to visit family in MO and MN.


And here's what it looks like now.  It's branched off into 3 stems and is still growing and growing and growing.

Who would have thought it??



1 comment:

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.