You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

So what is Persia doing with that Teddy Bear?

The story starts with a pile of old Goodwill wool sweaters I have been making a stash of for a while.  The reason for this are felt projects I want to do... mittens, stocking caps, and the like.  If you wash a wool sweater in hot water and throw it in the dryer a couple of times you end up with beautiful felt.  (More on that at a later date...)


You also end up with a washer and dryer full of wool fuzz.

A lot of wool fuzz...


Since it looked like shredded up roving I decided to see if I could needle felt with it.


After a lot of serious poking, I ended up with a tiny bear.


A little fuzzy wuzzy dryer linty Teddy Bear.

(The grey is from the felted sweaters, the colored areas are from roving I have.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.