You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Friday, February 24, 2017

Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Manual Gone?

The February Home Kit was to make a place for all instruction manuals.  It could be set of hanging files, an accordion file, a folder... even a designated box would do.


I chose a notebook.

I have quite a stash of them in all sizes; including this 4 inch binder.  The other reason for a notebook is that it can be carried around easier.


I came up with a list of headings that works for us.  Each person's list will be different.


I gathered up the manuals I could find (I'll be adding in for a good while...).  Next task was to cut away the portions in languages besides English.  The sizes dropped to half, sometimes even a third of the starting bulk!

Then I used my hole punch.  Sometimes the manual was big enough to use all three holes.  On the smaller one I just punched the top two holes.

It now sits in a designated place with the BIG RULE of "put it back when you're done"!


1 comment:

  1. I did that years ago for manuals and warranties for different household appliances and other things. It's a big red binder with sheet protectors inside and I have categories like Kitchen, Living room, Office...etc...and each manual and warranty goes in it's own sleeve under the proper heading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.