Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pinterest Inspired: My Motto!

After the fun I had repurposing my not-so-great tree painting into my fun button tree, I was inspired by a quote I found on Pinterest and a painting technique of masking over an old painting. 

I grabbed another painting I didn’t like for the makeover.  (Those are some sad looking poppies!)  I used a stencil to trace my letters onto contact paper.  My original plan was to spray over the entire painting then pull off the letters so the colors of the painting came thru.  But as I looked at it, I decided I like the letters on top of the painting.

So I traced around the letters and painted each one in.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea just to paint the letters over the painting. Love this! I am going to share on my FB page. Thanks for linking up to The CSI Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting from The CSI Project! I've seen this before, but seeing your art reminds me of a tulip canvas frame I have hanging around. I totally want to do this to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from CSI project... I need to check some thrift stores for some old paintings to do this with! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.