Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

My Artful Friday - 8 March '13

I’m getting back into the swing of things… plus I’ve had more time to play!  (Keeping a housework schedule really frees up time in a huge way!)  I’ve had one really big creative project regarding my photography that I’ll tell you about soon, it’s been keeping me very busy.
 
But I’ve had time to do a few things other than photos…
 
 
“Take A Word” had a challenge to use ‘warm colors’ in a creative project.  I printed off 4 of my photos of fire for the reds and oranges in them… plus the visual ‘warm’ feeling of the fire itself. I took these photos as my BIL Big J was preparing a “Low Country Boil” for Himself’s birthday.  I used heavy copy paper as I wanted a soft matt look to the print. I cut them into a 2”X6” size. From there I played around with 3 that are a series of shots of the fire as it burned. I mounted them as a triptych on a single piece of heavy card stock.
 
 
I used the 4th photo to make a book mark using the ‘warm colors’.
 
 
I played around with my watercolor pencils for another challenge.  It’s the first time I’ve tried to do a human figure, so while it definitely needs work… I’m fairly pleased with it.  (The beach sand is actually more tan than yellow.  I don’t know why the scan picked it up so yellow!) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.