Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Wing Chair Goes from Country to Chic

I inherited this wing chair from my grandmother.  It’s so comfortable that I love sitting in it and reading.  What I didn’t love was the ‘80s country green check…complete with little country hearts. 

Tossing a Pendleton blanket over it didn’t help.  Didn’t do anything for the blanket either.  What held me back from having it reupholstered is I couldn’t find a fabric I liked.

That is, until I walked thru the fabric section Jo-Ann fabric and craft store.  There was my fabric!  It was an end of the bolt discontinued piece.  I bought all they had left.  What was even better is it is reversible…so it fit right in with what I had planned.


Which was this!  I had the skirt removed for a sleeker line.  


The fabric has great texture.  I love the contrast, both light…


…and dark.  


And for a bit of interest, I had the arm inset done with the contrast side too. 

The wait for it to be done was crazy.  I took it in to be worked on in early September.  I was told it would take about 3 weeks.  It was finally done in mid December!! 

But I am so pleased with how it turned out!  


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that is an awesome chair. When I was reading, at first, I thought...do NOT tell me she did this all herself!! But, I wouldn't have been surprised :-) I have a big chair that belonged to my Mom....she had it recovered in 1988. She had it for years before that. I would love to get it reupholstered as it's a pale pink. Doesn't really go with our color theme...but is SUCH a comfie chair!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.