You can email me at clanhanna62@gmail.com My blog archives and post labels are way down at the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Plucked From The Flames

The other day we had a nice cool but not too cool evening, so we decided to get a little yard clean-up done.  Himself went around gathering up the winter dropped branches from all over the yard (it will be mowing season before we are ready!).

After piling everything up, he started a burn in our fire pit.  The warmth against the cooling evening was so relaxing...

... until Himself leaped out of his chair over to the blazing fire.


He had rescued this fellow off of one of the burning branches!


Cool scales, eh?

Then Himself noticed something was 'wrong'...


In his fright, the lizard (aka Stumpy) had thrown his tail.

Well, we will know THAT lizard through the year!

(FYI, Stumpy is a Western Fence Lizard).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming walkabout with me! I enjoy comments and will try to answer questions quickly if I have a way to reply to you. Sorry I have had to put the word verification back on... the spam jerks (especially the Serbian ones... yeh, I check your addys) have been overloading me lately.

However... I do not approve comments whose purpose is to spam. My readers do not deserve such garbage. I also do not allow anonymous comments. If you have something to say, then put your name to it.