Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Keep Calm and Bake Scones

I love a warm orange scone from Panera.  What I don't love is the $2.69 price tag.  So when the Extension Homemakers offered a class on baking scones, Himself and I jumped on it.


First we were shown how to make them... seemed easy enough.


The dough of one batch.


Then it was the participants turn to get their hands in the flour!


Himself grating COLD butter for the recipe.

(Have I mentioned that I don't like to bake but Himself loves to?)


He made pumpkin scones.


Separating the dough into workable sections.


Twenty four pumpkin spice scones ready for the oven.  And it cost less than 2 purchased scones!


Himself and two of my club members working on their scones.


Chocolate Chip Scones


Cranberry Orange Scones


Cinnamon Spice Scones

And here are the recipes:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.